Why should you get your PADI Open Water License?
This course equips you with the basics of deep water diving i.e. scuba diving. The course includes both in-classroom and in-water sessions. At the end of the period, there will be an exam to certify you as an Open Water diver by PADI. This will allow you to dive at every dive site not just Koh Tao but all over the world to a maximum depth of 18 meters, or 12 meters for the Junior Open Water Diver less than 13 years of age.
Open Water (equivalent to level 1 in some organizations) is an entry-level for scuba diving. This is suitable for all beginners without any experience requirements. It takes 3 days in total for the course in Koh Tao, Thailand. This level allows you to dive independently at a maximum depth of 18 meters.
Advanced Open Water is the next step for most divers who want to master their skills. Mainly, it allows you to increase your depth limit to 30 meters. The course includes other adventures helping you to sharpen your diving skills. After this, you can even explore other dive specialty options and become a Master Scuba Diver.
If you don’t have enough time or you aren’t sure whether you like diving, you can always try Discover Scuba Diving. You don’t need to be able to swim to do this. Our highly experienced instructor will be with you at all times underwater. You can also choose to start practicing in the pool to gain confidence first.
What’s included in our PADI Open Water course?
- PADI Certified Instructor and Learning Materials (Multiple Languages)
- PADI Open Water Certification (e-card)
- Scuba Diving Equipment
- Scuba Diving Insurance
- Pick-up Service from Main Road (only on Koh Tao)
- Free 1-hour Kayak or Paddleboard from our dive center
Our Open Water Schedule
*This schedule can be changed due to the weather and other factors
Requirements for PADI Open Water Course
- The participant is at least 10 years old at the time of the experience
- The participant is physically and mentally healthy. He/she may want to check out the PADI medical form first for better understanding.
*Please feel free to ask our dive professionals for more detail.
Terms and Conditions
- Our Open Water course can be scheduled every day. Please allow us 24 hours to contact you back to confirm the dive date that you prefer after the checkout process.
- Our online booking is non-refundable except for medical reasons s and under the circumstance that we fail to book a date for you from online booking.
*Please see our full terms and conditions here.